Reiki is a therapeutic process by which energy healing is applied through a practitioner’s hands and breath work. Wikipedia describes Reiki as “pronounced ˈrākē/ noun, a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being”. Our goal at Kheops, Intl. is to provide customers with metaphysical gifts that bring meaning, such as our Zen Meditation Chimes, used commonly by Reiki practitioners. Kheops offers a variety of products designed to fit in your metaphysical toolbox and help you lead a more meaningful journey.
Reiki is said to have multiple benefits and is applied for different needs, especially for clearing and tuning the chakras. One person may have a Reiki session to find relaxation from stress. A cancer patient might receive Reiki as a way to receive healing from the source. Some believe this energy comes from a higher power while others feel it comes from within. Despite these differences, many have experienced healing and the positive effects of Reiki.
These are the most prominent and vital benefits of Reiki:
- Promotes Relaxation
- Reduces Stress
- Encourages Healing
- Reduces Depression
- Reduces Anxiety
- Treats symptoms of Cancer
- Heals infections & inflammation
- Increases mobility in cases of pain/injury
- Relieves symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome
- Enables emotional clarity and spiritual growthAs many ailments today are linked to stress factors, whether they be environmental stress, work stress, relationship stress, or stress from dis-ease, finding ways to reduce stress allows for keeping our bodies balanced and fit. Stress can lead to irregular hearbeats, psychological dysfunctions, gastrointestinal disorders, angina, stroke, heart disease, diabetes and even cancer.A number of studies have shown that Reiki relaxes the mind and changes our state of awareness. Through Reiki, we feel our mood change and become more pleasant. We feel our joint pain improving and our muscles becoming looser. Reiki removes stress and stressful energies from the body, allowing for healing and balancing. Through this healing process, we are also able to let go of pain from the past and move forward in life towards our aspirations. As our moods increase we feel happier and experience less anxiety. Reiki even encourages good sleep.”Mind-body modalities are simple, economical, noninvasive therapies, easy to learn, and can be practiced easily by individuals who may experience potential limitations in mobility,” according to Joel Anderson and Ann Gill Taylor at Center for the Study of Complementary and Alternative Therapies.The American Hospital Association President and CEO Rich Umbdenstock stated, “Complementary and alternative medicine has shown great promise in supporting and stimulating healing. It’s one of the many tools hospitals look to as they continue to create optimal healing environments for the patients they serve.”Many Reiki practitioners will use gemstones and sound frequencies to help this process. Certain sound waves in specific tunings help to relieve stress and break apart negative energies. Practitioners will often employ chakra candles, tuning forks, chimes, singing bowls, crystals and music which are tuned to these vital frequencies. Kheops offers Zen Meditation Chimes, Singing bowls, crystals and more to help the patient and the Reiki practitioner on their journey of healing.The practitioner will focus intention and healing through the chakras, helping to clear and restore them to their natural perfection. This can remove stuck energies and blocked patterns. By way of subtle energy work, a patient may experience many of the benefits of Reiki as it works to heal body, mind and spirit.References:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3239316/#!po=3.33333
Kim Anderberg, for Kheops, Intl.